Subscribe to this blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So it begins.

After playing Bioshock recently, it had occurred to me that I should play it's spiritual predecessor, System Shock 2. What I found after the absolute technical horror that was getting it to run on Windows XP was that SS2 was in fact a better game that Bioshock was, and it surprised me how such a gem could have passed by me, when I believe myself to be an avid gamer. Now like most of my ideas develop, one thing links to another and i pretty much forget or confuse anything that passes my mind. However, I luckily told a friend of mine about it, and in a great show of logic and wisdom he said "why don't you blog it?"

So here I am. My mission is to play all the great games of all the generations, from the ones my dad used to play back when arcade machines had three colour screens, monotone sound effects and bad-ass soldiers with mullets, to the latest games that come out, when they come out. I don't know if I'll be able to stick with this, I have my work cut out for me with about 20 years of gaming to summarize and cover. I would love suggestions of games you would like for me to track down and play, through emulator, eBay or if I have it already, no matter how obscure it is.

Over the next few days I'll be putting together a beginning list of games to play (even with exams on, great time to start this, huh?), it will be very impermanent though, so feel free to give me suggestions at any time. So until next post, have a good one.

Dismeeir.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'tis your not so secret admirer.

I just found this ^^.